Next up from my lovely mother are these beautiful steamed rice cakes. These are another popular Asian dessert and I definitely remember loving (and still loving) them when I was a child. 🙂
Ingredients 250g rice flour 50g plain flour 120g to 150g sugar 210 ml hot water 5g instant yeast
- Dissolve sugar in hot water and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Mix rice flour, flour and yeast in a large mixing bowl and stir in sugar liquid. Combine and mix well.
- Set aside to ferment for 2-4 hours based on the temperature. It takes about 2.5 hours at room temperature.
- Brush the moulds with oil and scoop the liquid to fill a baking cup about 3/4 of the way. Bring the water to a boil and then steam the cakes for 20 minutes over high fire.
- Wait for 5 minutes, transfer out and cool down slightly. Enjoy the cakes warm!