White kidney beans, also known as cannellini beans, can be used to make a very creamy and delicious paste that’s often used in many desserts. Here’s a simple and quick recipe for white kidney bean roll cakes.
INGREDIENTS 1 package of white kidney beans 1/2 tsp salt 5 cups water 1-1/2 cup sugar
1. Rinse white kidney beans in cold water by completely immersing the beans overnight.
2. The next day, drain water the water. Add the beans, 5 cups of water and salt into a pot on high heat. Cook until beans are soft, and then skim off the foams.
3. Once the beans become soft, continue to boil while constantly stirring so that the remaining liquid is evaporated. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
4. Blend soft beans into a smooth paste. Heat the white bean paste in a clean pot over medium heat. Add the sugar and stir to mix until the paste gets thicker.
5. Turn off heat. Taste and adjust sweetness by adding more sugar. You can either stop here, or use the paste sort of as a dough to make something similar to mochi.