In honor of National Peanut Butter day, and as avid peanut butter lovers, we’d like to share one of the simplest recipes ever — homemade Nutter Butter cookie sandwiches!
Nutter Butter cookies were all the craze for us growing up, and this quick recipe replicates the simplicity and joy of childhood. It’s perfect as a snack throughout the day, and will ensure you get that protein in, too!
- Peanut Butter, smooth (300 g)
- All-Purpose Flour (50g)
- Granulated Sugar (60g)
- Egg (1)
- Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg.
- Then, add sugar and stir well.
- Add in flour and peanut butter.
- Here the dough should start coming together.
- Pick up a small piece (about 15g), and roll into a ball.
- Flatten with a fork, and then flatten again perpendicular to the first indent to get the pattern.
- Repeat until dough is used up.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled down, you can create mini-sandwich if you’d like. To do so, you can take two pieces of the cookie, and add a small layer of additional peanut butter in between to sandwich together.