This creamy mushroom cauliflower gnocchi is the perfect recipe to whip up if you’re short on time, if you’re craving something hearty and delicious, or just happen to have lots of Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi on hand (and some mushrooms).
It’s creamy, and every bite of the well-flavored, well-seasoned sauce pairs perfectly with the chewy gnocchi. Your kitchen will be smelling like heavenly mushrooms for a good few hours afterwards, though (not a problem, of course).
Now, this is not a sponsored Trader Joe’s post; I just really, really love their cauliflower gnocchi — it’s filling, it’s tasty and it’s ~healthy~! (There’s a reason why you’ll see everyone raving about it online — that’s how I got hooked in, too). As their website claims, the gnocchi is made with about 75% cauliflower, as well as cassava flour, potato starch, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt. No wheat, sugar, dairy, or eggs are included here, and that translates to fewer carbs, with significantly less fat & calories than potato-based varieties!
For this recipe, you won’t need too many ingredients, but you’ll end up with a yummy meal that will keep you satisfied. (Serving size: 2) And while we’re on the topic of awesome Trader Joe’s items, this dish is perfect topped with a heaping amount of shredded Unexpected Cheddar Cheese.
- Remove the bag from the freezer, and pour gnocchi onto a non-stick pan.
- Add about 1/4 cup of water to the pan, and cover with a lid.
- Cook over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes. The water will have evaporated halfway through, after which make sure to flip each individual piece to make sure they turn golden evenly and aren’t sticking too much.
- Once gnocchi is golden, remove from pan and place onto a plate to the side.
- Add 1 tbs of oil to the pan, and add garlic. Cook until golden and crispy.
- Add sliced mushrooms . Cook for about 5-7 minutes on medium-high heat, or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Mushrooms release a lot of juices, but here, you want to keep that juice. We’ll add the heavy cream to it to create the creamy mushroom sauce.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Using a cheese grater, add some shredded Unexpected Cheddar Cheese into the sauce (how much is up to you! the more, the cheesier, of course!)
- Finally, season the sauce with salt, oregano, paprika and some basil (all to your own taste).
- Add back the gnocchi, and mix together well.
- Enjoy! 🙂