There’s always room in the day for ramen and smiles! Here is our recipe for the quintessential college dorm, late-night snack: Maruchan ramen, topped to restaurant-level.
Whether we’re young or old, enlightened or confused, high or low, every individual knows of the classic college student cooking ramen for themself. But I bet you might not know one of the creators of this timeless and indispensable dish – it’s Maruchan!
Maruchan is behind quite a popular brand of noodles in the United States, feeding thousands, if not millions, of people a day (they produce over 3.6 billion packages of ramen noodle soup a year!). They offer noodles such as your quintessential ramen as well as the more niche yakisoba noodle; however, Maruchan gives the people so many options!
Ranging from roast beef and pork to lime chilli shrimp and picante chicken, Maruchan’s ramen variety is perhaps second to none.
We say all this because Maruchan has so graciously provided us with several of these delicious ramen dishes as well as two wonderful recipes! And today we wanted to share them with y’all. 🙂
Maruchan generously provided us with these flavors: Chicken, Shrimp, Spicy Miso, Soy Sauce, Beef and Pork. And using the GOLD Soy Sauce Ramen, the recipe we’ll do today is the Chicken Shoyu Ramen! It takes about 30 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to cook, and serves two people.
- 2 packages of Maruchan GOLD Soy Sauce Ramen
- 6 oz of cubed chicken thighs;
- 1 teaspoon each of
- Minced ginger
- Soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil
- A few pinches of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of dried seaweed
- 1 cup of okra or your favorite green
- 1 scallion + 1 thinly sliced shichimi pepper to taste
- Marinate the chicken in a small bowl and add the ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and mirin. This should be done for at least 30 minutes, but if you can, do this longer or overnight.
- Soak your seaweed for 10 min or until soft. Squeeze water out afterwards
- Slice and boil your okra (or green of choice) for 10 seconds. Slice okra lengthwise into quarters and remove tops
- Broil Chicken – move the chicken onto a small sheet pan with foil. Broil on high heat for 3 minutes. Flip the chicken and broil for another 3 minutes. Check if the chicken is done since different-sized chickens have variable cooking times.
- Cook your noodles – boil 4 cups of water in a pot and add 3 packs of Maruchan GOLD Soy Sauce Ramen. Cook for 3 minutes for a gently soft noodle, but if you prefer a more al dente dish, cook the noodles for slightly less than 3 minutes.
- Prepare your soup dish – pour contents of soup base into each serving bowl. Add broth from noodles to each bowl and stir, and finally add your noodles 😉
- Finish the bowls and serve – top each bowl with whatever you like! These include, but are not limited, chicken, wakme, okra, ajitama, shichimi pepper and garnish with scallions.
And voila! You have a terrific ramen dish for yourself and someone special 😏. While the Chicken Shoyu is what we prepared, don’t hesitate to try the Chorizo Jalapeno Bowl recipe! Pictures of both recipe cards will be pasted below:
So please go give these a try! They’re wonderfully yummy and bring back some nostalgia :’)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Reblogged this on Love and Love Alone.